Interviews & presentations
Collected interviews & presentations.
- ‘Habbo Käsikirja’ interviews.
- Interviews from the ‘Habbo handbook’.
- Excerpts from ‘Revelations: The 11 years of Taivas’.
- Interviews with Timo Soininen and Aapo Kyrölä/Sampo Karjalainen. Mostly promotional, but nice photographs.
- Fostering open-ended play: unleashing the creative community.
- Sulka Haro’s Keynote at AGDC 2007. Why? Nice rundown on Sulake history.
- Infrastructure for innovation.
- Osma Ahvenlampi’s presentation slides, COSS, February 2007. Why? Gives insight in the massiveness of technical operations.
- Business refactoring.
- Osma Ahvenlampi’s presentation slides, LOGIN, May 2010. Why? Gives insight in Shockwave to Flash transition and Facebook connection.
- Interview Paul LaFontaine, March 13, 2012.
- By Jason Steele/Grecian9 (wav>mp3).
Assorted articles and other related files.
- Habbo hotel UK 5 years.
- Lost_witness did a little write-up at the time, we seem to have saved.
- Localized average age in Habbo.
- By continent and country.
- Habbo logo.
- For print purposes.
- Birth of a brand.
- Nice little write-up from 2007, by Alistair Williams/Colmc.
Behind the pixels ↑
‘Behind the pixels’ is a magazine-like release, created by Mark Bamford aka Dionysus from Helsinki HQ - he asks/talks a little more indepth compared to regular interviews with staff. Started March 2012, then new Habbo blog got same title, but these seem to be coming still.
- Behind the pixels I.
- Introduction & the fatalistic lemons.
- Behind the pixels II.
- Interview with Painimies/Timo Ahde.
- Behind the pixels III.
- Trivia on Kitsune campaign.
- Behind the pixels IV.
- Interview with Juho ‘Optimus’ Paasonen/ediootti.
- Behind the pixels V.
- Interview with armasK/Ilkka Kallasmaa.
- Behind the pixels VI.
- Interview with Funkstein (Senior software developer).
- Behind the pixels VII.
- Marks story on the 514 project (as posted on blog earlier).
- Behind the pixels VIII.
- Browsing the office for merchandise.
- Behind the pixels IX.
- Rabbits: their design and character design.
- Behind the pixels X.
- Interview with Marion Strumpel/Jet from Habbo hotel Netherlands.
- Behind the pixels XI.
- Interview with Heini Kaihu.
- Behind the pixels XII.
- Habbo Talents, framework for HabboCM and more, going alpha, by Linn.
- Behind the pixels XII: Attachment.
- Series of concept graphics to go with BTP XII.
- Behind the pixels XIII.
- Interview with Rishell Biermann.