Timeline. Major happenings in Habbo Hotel’s history.
- September Hotelli Kultakala officially launched.
- February Habbo Hotel UK offially launched. Private rooms made available;
- June Introduction of trading furniture items;
- August Introduction of posters/wall items;
- October Introduction of Lido and diving. First seasonal furniture released (halloween) - items deleted afterwards;
- October Habbo Hotel Switzerland launched;
- November Introduction of teleports;
- December Introduction of christmas furniture.
- February Love furniture debutes. Option to buy gifts introduced;
- March Easter furniture debutes;
- October Hotelli Kultakala becomes Habbo Hotel Finland. Option to ‘wave’ introduced. Halloween furniture returns and not being deleted afterwards;
- November Camera is introduced. First ever sale of a ‘rare’ piece of furniture (Hologirl, UK);
- December Habbo Club is introduced.
- January ‘Welcome Lounge’ introduced ((just a) public room, but one with a purpose);
- February Habbo Hotel Japan officially launched;
- September Habbo Hotel Spain officially launched;
- November Habbo Hotel Italy officially launched;
- December Habbo Hotel Sweden officially launched.
- January Introduction of ‘pets’;
- February Habbo Hotel Netherlands officially launched;
- March Habbo Hotel Germany officially launched;
- June Habbo Hotel Canada and Habbo Hotel Norway officially launched;
- September Habbo Hotel USA officially launched. Job applications for Hotel (community manager, site producer) in Poland and Austria published. Austria HQ possibly positioned in Switzerland, but for Poland apparently a new office planned;
- November Habbo Hotel Australia and Habbo Hotel France officially launched;
- December Habbo Hotel Denmark and Habbo Hotel Singapore officially launched.
- October First version of ‘Battleball’ introduced.
- January Hobba’s replaced by ‘Habbo (e)X(pert)’ program;
- March Habbo Hotel Brazil & Portugal officially launched;
- September Habbo Hotel China officially launched;
- October Habbo Hotel Russia officially launched. Introduction of ‘Habbo Homes’ and ‘Snowstorm’ (Finland);
- November Introduction of ‘Exchange’ furniture (Finland).
- March Introduction of ‘Trax’, ‘Ecotron’ and ‘Batteball 2/Rebound’ (Finland);
- August Closure of Habbo China.
- May Habbo goes ‘widescreen’;
- July Habbo eXperts replaced by ‘Habbo Guides’ program;
- November Introduction of ‘pixels’ and related effects/purchases.
- February Closure of Habbo Russia;
- April Closure of Habbo Japan;
- May Start of ‘BETA’ - change from shockwave to flash, leaving also fixed sized popup behind;
- December Introduction of ‘Marketplace’ (UK).
- April Introduction of ‘VIP’. Habbo Runway competition launched;
- May Merge of Canadian and US hotel. Habbo Runway finals - first user designed clothes;
- June Merge of all English speaking hotels;
- September Merge of Habbo Switzerland and Germany. Introduction of ‘Battle Banzai’ furniture;
- October Introduction of ‘wired’ furniture.